Terms of Reference
Training on Communications and Use of Social Media in Advocacy
Organization: CENTER FOR PEACE AND TOLERANCE
Project: Youth Capacity and Action for Change
Activity: Two-day Training on Communications and Use of Social Media in Advocacy for 10 LYACs from Rahovec/Orahovac, Malisheve/Mališevo, Mamushe/Mamuša, Kline/Klina, Peja/Peć, Gračanica/Graçanice, Lipjan/Lipljan, Novo Brdo/Novoberde, Ferizaj/Uroševac, Vushtrri/Vučitrn
Date: June 2013
Background Information on CENTER FOR PEACE AND TOLERANCE
The Center for Peace and Tolerance (CPT) is a non-profitable nongovernmental organization, founded on 2002 and registered in accordance with UNMIK Regulation 2001/13. CPT has been founded with the aim to support strengthening capacities of local institutions in Kosovo Serb dominated municipalities and advocate for transparent and effective local governance. Since 2001, Center for Peace and Tolerance is running a Minority Community Center in Pristina for elderly people and since 2010 a Student Support Centre in Gracanica for students of Mitrovica University and the Alternative Cultural Centre. From February 2010, the CPT has assumed the technical management role of the Kosovo Policy Action Network. Over the past 3 years the CPT had established itself as the most active minority NGO covering with its programs and activities all minority areas in Kosovo. The CPT is currently employing 12 staff members who are working in the field of Arts and Culture; Civil Society Strengthening Program, Support to Youth Leadership Program, Support to Returns and Reintegration.
Youth Capacity and Action for Change project is an EU grant which actions aims to improve the capacities of youth organizations by equipping them with a set of knowledge and skills they need for an active participation in decision and policy making affecting young peoples’ lives. Through this action we target a significantly higher involvement of youth in the democratization, state consolidation and EU integration processes. The approach is empowerment of youth through rights based participatory approaches and skills development. The projects funded by EU and ADA is implemented by World Vision, Centre for Peace and Tolerance and Students Helping Life- Kosovo.
In the framework of this project CPT seeks to contract a local consultant to conduct a Two-day Training on Communications and Use of Social Media in Advocacy. Even though a newly established structure, Local Youth Action Councils (LYACs) have to work with many different actors which require different strategies of communication. Effective communication is a prerequisite for LYACs to play their role and ensure continuous engagement of youth. If communication is done effectively it will increase motivation, improve and legitimize decision making and will enable overall better functioning of the LYACs. This training should be delivered in a very interactive way with possibilities to learn from each other’s experiences in order to build a sense of cooperation and ownership amongst the varied LYACs stakeholders.
The trainer should display the human and technical capacity to prepare the training module, to prepare manual with tips and advices on how to formulate advocacy messages, to conduct the training on a very interactive manner.
– To teach LYACs communication techniques and use of media for advocacy,
– To teach LYACs practical skills to effectively communicate advocacy messages to different audiences and document their successes.
Required/preferred experience and skills of the consultant:
– Experience and knowledge on youth rights, social engagement and advocacy field.
– Knowledge of models used by organizations and NGOs working in Kosovo and EU countries in the field of youth empowerment and use of social networks.
– Expertise in similar types of trainings.
– Ability to work in a team, delegate authority, and take instructions.
– Very good planning and time management skills.
– Excellent knowledge of English and Serbian or Albanian.
– Availability and commitment during the training process.
Roles and Responsibilities of the service provider:
– Prepare the training module according to the assessment report,
– Prepare Power Point presentation, at least 20 slides,
– Prepare the manual/short guide with tips and advices on how to formulate advocacy messages,
– Conduct the training in Serbian and English or Albanian,
– Together with participants develop draft of e-newsletter,
– Together with participants discuss about communication strategy on “What needs to be done for LYAC’s Action plans to be adopted and implemented by the local government”,
– Availability for 1-2 days to provide written feedback /advice with regard to specific issue raised by Local Youth Action Councils.
The interested applicants may submit all the below stated documentation to:
Or by hand in a closed signed envelope at this addresses:
Main street n.n., Gracanica CPT and KPAN office,
Str. Cika Jovina 13, Kosovska Mitrovica (North) CPT and KPAN office,
Applicant should submit following documents:
– Updated Curriculum Vitae,
– Letter of Interest,
– Record of previously held trainings,
– List any significant publications you have written (if any),
If you may need any additional information please contact us on:
+381 38 65 337
+386 49 676 566
Deadline for application
The deadline for applications is 10 June 2013.